During the Pentecost Weekend from 3 to 5 June 2017, an open stage for non-professional recorder players of all ages, linked to a music school or not, will be organized during the Baroque Festival of Cydonia Barocca Ghent.
The presentations take place in the Music Conservatory, Hoogpoort 64, 9000 Gent and are organized i.c.w. VLAMO vzw.
- only work by Bach, Telemann or Graupner (list available, reservations subject to availability)
- at least 1 part for recorder
- ensembles of 1 (solo) to max. 5 players
- duration of max. 15 min.
- accompanist(s) and harpsichord(s) available (solo works with basso continuo or harpsichord only)
- evaluation and comments by an international jury of experts
- entries until 1 June 2017 (valid after payment of 20 €)
- free admission for concerts and lectures, little gift for all participants
- no age limit, no level limit
All info and registrations: cydonia-barocca.org/openstage - email@example.com
A second initiative, the Telemarathon, appeals to young professional musicians, who wish to present themselfs as a chamber music ensemble to an international jury and to an interested audience. During Telemarathon, on Saturday 3 June from 14 to 18h, we want to present all 12 (!) cantates of Telemann for recorder, voice (m / f) and basso continuo (organ / clavecimbel / cello / gamba / bassoon / theorbe) from his printed edition Harmonischer Gottesdienst (1725-26).
This presentation is open to all (pre)professional players from Flanders, Belgium and abroad.